Senior Stormwater Professional
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts or Norfolk, Virginia
ESS Group, Inc. is seeking a recognized expert in the field of stormwater management and water resources in its Waltham, MA office to assist ESS in expanding its market share in the areas of stormwater/water resources assessment, design, permitting, and compliance. This individual must be a visionary, a self-starter, outgoing, and willing to accept added responsibility to grow both personally and professionally. The position will require both technical and business development responsibilities as follows:
- Lead business development for stormwater and water resources opportunities with private sector clients, municipalities, and state and federal agencies.
- Achieve assigned sales targets through marketing and business development by pursuing and winning projects both independently and in coordination with the Practice Leader and other senior ESS staff.
- Effectively work with clients to retain and strengthen client relationships.
- Be accountable to identify and develop stormwater, water resource, and floodplain project opportunities providing assessment, permitting, design, and/or compliance services.
- Actively participate in client development initiatives, develop pricing strategies with the Practice Leader and other senior ESS staff, and prepare proposals.
- Assist ESS in furthering entry into the public sector stormwater market (watershed assessment, hydrologic studies, MS4 services, NPDES stormwater compliance, etc.).
- Promote ESS growth in the New England and Mid-Atlantic marketplaces.
- Contribute to company-wide cross-practice business development plans and seek business opportunities related to all ESS Practice Areas.
- Complete stormwater assessment, permitting, design, and compliance projects both individually and by leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide assessments of hydraulics and hydrology using HEC-1, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-GEORAS, StormCAD, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, AutoCAD Civil3D, and/or other water resources software.
- Complete floodplain management and watershed planning and assessment projects.
- Provide project management execution, leadership, and mentoring in project profitability, staff utilization, accounts receivable collection, administrative reporting, and other functions associated with managing projects.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of colleagues.
- Manage subconsultants.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully complete project assignments.
- BS, MS with an emphasis in water resources.
- 15+ years experience of stormwater/water resources consulting and project management.
- 10+ years of business development experience for engineering consulting services with a proven track record of successful business and client relationship development.
For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com.
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes medical & dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance program, pre-tax accounts for health care, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid company holidays, sick leave, and vacation time. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US.
Please include the job title: “Senior Stormwater Professional, WCE” in the subject line and e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915