Senior Stormwater Professional
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts or Norfolk, Virginia
ESS Group, Inc. is seeking a recognized expert in the field of stormwater management and water resources in its Waltham, MA office to assist ESS in expanding its market share in the areas of stormwater/water resources assessment, design, permitting, and compliance. This individual must be a visionary, a self-starter, outgoing, and willing to accept added responsibility to grow both personally and professionally. The position will require both technical and business development responsibilities as follows:
- Lead business development for stormwater and water resources opportunities with private sector clients, municipalities, and state and federal agencies.
- Achieve assigned sales targets through marketing and business development by pursuing and winning projects both independently and in coordination with the Practice Leader and other senior ESS staff.
- Effectively work with clients to retain and strengthen client relationships.
- Be accountable to identify and develop stormwater, water resource, and floodplain project opportunities providing assessment, permitting, design, and/or compliance services.
- Actively participate in client development initiatives, develop pricing strategies with the Practice Leader and other senior ESS staff, and prepare proposals.
- Assist ESS in furthering entry into the public sector stormwater market (watershed assessment, hydrologic studies, MS4 services, NPDES stormwater compliance, etc.).
- Promote ESS growth in the New England and Mid-Atlantic marketplaces.
- Contribute to company-wide cross-practice business development plans and seek business opportunities related to all ESS Practice Areas.
- Complete stormwater assessment, permitting, design, and compliance projects both individually and by leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide assessments of hydraulics and hydrology using HEC-1, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-GEORAS, StormCAD, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, AutoCAD Civil3D, and/or other water resources software.
- Complete floodplain management and watershed planning and assessment projects.
- Provide project management execution, leadership, and mentoring in project profitability, staff utilization, accounts receivable collection, administrative reporting, and other functions associated with managing projects.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of colleagues.
- Manage subconsultants.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully complete project assignments.
- BS, MS with an emphasis in water resources.
- 15+ years experience of stormwater/water resources consulting and project management.
- 10+ years of business development experience for engineering consulting services with a proven track record of successful business and client relationship development.
For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com.
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package including a Profit Sharing Program, and a dynamic work environment. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please include the job title: “Senior Stormwater Professional, WCE” in the subject line and e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915