Senior Coastal Engineer
Water & Coastal Engineering Practice
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
ESS Group, Inc. is seeking a recognized expert in the field of coastal engineering and permitting in its Waltham, MA office to assist ESS in expanding its market share in the areas of coastal resource/process assessment, design, permitting, and compliance. This individual must be a visionary, a self-starter, outgoing, and willing to accept added responsibility to grow both personally and professionally. The position will require both technical and business development responsibilities as follows:
- Work with Business Unit Leader on business development for coastal engineering and permitting project opportunities with private sector clients, municipalities, and state and federal agencies.
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing and sales action plans for coastal services.
- Achieve assigned sales targets through marketing and business development by pursuing and winning projects both independently and in coordination with the Business Unit Leader and other senior ESS staff.
- Effectively work with clients to retain and strengthen client relationships.
- Be accountable to identify and develop coastal and waterfront project opportunities providing assessment, permitting, design, and/or compliance services.
- Actively participate in client development initiatives, develop pricing strategies with the Business Unit Leader and other senior ESS staff, and prepare proposals.
- Assist ESS in furthering entry into the public sector coastal engineering, permitting, and assessment market.
- Promote ESS growth in the New England and Mid-Atlantic marketplaces.
- Contribute to company-wide cross-practice business development plans and seek business opportunities related to all ESS Business Units.
- Complete coastal and waterfront assessment, permitting, design, and restoration projects both individually and by leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide assessments of coastal wave and littoral processes; analysis of coastal hazards; planning, permitting, and engineering of coastal structures, dredging, and marinas; and evaluations of navigational impact potential.
- Complete coastal and estuarine flood hazard mapping and analysis for regional and site-specific projects.
- Strong background in state and federal regulatory permitting (Chapter 91 Waterways, CRMC, CZM, USACE) for coastal projects in MA and RI.
- Familiarity with CEDAS, CHAMP, SMS, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, and/or other coastal engineering software.
- Provide project management execution, leadership, and mentoring in project profitability, staff utilization, accounts receivable collection, administrative reporting, and other functions associated with managing projects.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of colleagues.
- Manage subconsultants.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully complete project assignments.
- BS degree in civil, environmental, or water resources engineering or MS degree with concentration in coastal, marine, or ocean engineering/science.
- Licensed PE in MA and/or RI, Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
- 10+ years experience of coastal project consulting and project management.
- 5+ years of Business Development experience for engineering consulting services with a proven track record of successful business development and client relationship development.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com.
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package including a Profit Sharing Program, and a dynamic work environment. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please include the job title: “Senior Coastal Engineer, WCE” in the subject line and e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915