Environmental Monitoring & Compliance Inspector
Environmental Geosciences & Engineering Practice
ESS Group, Inc. seeks an environmental professional with 2-5 years of experience in environmental compliance monitoring and reporting for owner/constructor regulatory compliance support. The successful candidate will be experienced in the implementation of environmental monitoring and reporting methods pertaining to construction activities associated with energy, industrial, and marine facilities. The position requires a confident, dependable, self-starter with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform day-to-day environmental compliance monitoring and inspection services at active construction sites.
- Facilitate contractor compliance with environmental permit conditions, procedures, regulations and rules to construction staff.
- Serve as project construction liaison for federal, state, and local regulatory staff.
- Prepare and implement compliance management and pollution prevention plans.
- Prepare and issue daily, weekly, and monthly environmental compliance reports.
- Maintain on-site records related to environmental compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of air, water, soil, and waste discharge estimates and inventories.
- Perform environmental training/orientation to construction staff.
- Conduct technical/scientific literature reviews and data searches.
- Assignments will require significant travel.
- BS in an engineering or environmental discipline; geology preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in environmental compliance monitoring and reporting for owner/constructor regulatory compliance support.
- Strong skills in field observation and conditions assessment.
- Experience with federal and state environmental regulations for construction activities, remediation oversight, sampling of environmental media, and soil/waste management are a plus.
- Proficiency with computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Strong communication, writing, and personal computer application skills are required. Applied experience with GIS Key and AutoCAD preferred.
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training certification.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions. ESS offers competitive salaries in a dynamic work environment, with a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision plans; Life and Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care; 401K Plan; Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays; and a Profit Sharing Program. For more information about ESS visit www.essgroup.com.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915