ESS is at the leading edge of environmental policy and industry trends.
ESS staff members actively participate in a variety of professional organizations. Some serve on boards and committees, others act as moderators and speakers for events. These policy and industry groups include:
- Massachusetts Asphalt and Aggregate Producers Association
- American Planning Association
- Northeast Energy & Commerce Association
- American Wind Energy Association
- Independent Power Producers of New York
- The New England Electricity Restructuring Roundtable
- US Offshore Wind Collaborative
- Citizens' Housing and Planning Associates, Inc.
- The Urban Land Institute
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Connecticut Power & Energy Society
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- The Commercial Real Estate Development Association, NAIOP Massachusetts
- Licensed Site Professionals Association
- New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
- Air & Waste Management Association, New England Section
- New England Chapter of the North American Lake Management Society
- Environmental Business Council of New England
- Boston Harbor Association
- Massachusetts Congress of Lake and Pond Associations
- Business Coalition for Maryland Offshore Wind
- Rhode Island Society of Environmental Professionals
ESS pro-bono services promote environmental protection and restoration.
ESS is a founding member of the Rhode Island Corporate Wetlands Restoration Partnership (CWRP), a public-private partnership dedicated to the restoration of aquatic habitats.